Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Beer Mile splits

As most of you know, I ran the West Valley Track Club beer mile last Saturday. The race format is to drink a beer, run a lap, drink a beer, run a lap, drink a beer, run a lap, drink a beer, run a lap. So 4 beers & 4 laps. Most people are about that and think it's a really drunk event, but it really isn't... it's more a challenge to fit 48 ounces of a foaming liquid into your stomach and run fast at the same time.

My hat's off to my teammate Todd Rose for running (or should I say drinking) a spectacular 5:41. Once ratified, this will be the 5th fastest at-time* beer mile and the 2nd fastest on American soil. It was special to be a part of this.

My performance was NOT epic. I got off to a decent start but "hit the wall" so to speak. I have both photos & video. I am not posting here in case somebody is reading this while eating lunch. Email me & I'll be happy to send both.

Here are the splits:

Beer 1 :20
Lap 1 1:10
Beer 2 :44
Lap 2 1:14
Beer 3 1:13
Lap 3 1:10
Beer 4 2:32
Lap 4 1:17
Penalty Lap: 1:15

Total time: 10:55

* as recorded by http://www.beermile.com/. to be official performances must be video taped and follow the the official rules. there are of course many stellar unofficial performances.

No comments:

Post a Comment