Friday, January 1, 2010

2009 mileage stats

In 2009 I ran:
2272 miles
295 days (with 70 days off) - running 81% of the days

On average:
43.6 miles / week
6.2 miles / day
7.7 miles / days not taken off

There were a few periods of downtime (a January ski trip, a sore foot in March, my wedding and honeymoon in June, then my post season break this year in December). Excluding those 42 days, and any light runs during those times, my stats breakdown:

2233 miles over 323 calendar days and 284 days running (88%) for an average of 6.15 days run / week.

On average:
48.4 miles per week
6.9 miles per day
7.9 miles per days not taken off

I like to emphasize quality over quantity, but mileage still matters. In the summer & fall I improved my consistency over the first half of the year, with a decent number of 60+ mile weeks. For 2010, I need to avoid numerous sub 50 mile weeks, and push into the 70 range when I can. I've always thought downtime is important between seasons, but the 6 weeks total that I took in 2009 was a bit too much. Fitness wise, I'm ready for a heavier load, after completing my first full, uninterrupted calendar year of training since college. The key is to find the balance between marriage, training, work, and other friendships & relationships. Dana has been very supportive and encouraging of my running. It's been fun to see her improve as a runner as well - dropping her half marathon PR from 1:52 down to 1:44 this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment