Thursday, November 10, 2011

What's new?

This little guy!

Jack Gifford was born on September 6th, and Dana & I have really been enjoying being a family now. 

So, I think I can be forgiven for not updating my blog in a while.  Right?  I've mostly used my blog as a platform to write about my training, racing, and recovering.  Before we had our baby, I talked to Dana about wanting to keep training.  I've found that I have to be much more efficient with my time (stretching, huh?) but after taking a consistent & balanced approach, I'm healthy and in as good of shape as I've been at any point since college. 

As if parenthood isn't enough of a challenge - and believe me it is - I've signed up for the California International Marathon on December 6th. 

I'm sure Jack will make occasional appearances here, but in the coming weeks (hopefully) Dana and I will set up a baby blog.  I love when people I don't know stumble across this blog, and take it as a very nice compliment to receive comments.  But in a crazy occupy this occupy that world, I think it's best to have a private blog if we're going to give info about the comings and goings of our family.  So, if you're a friend or family I'll be happy to give access once we set it up (you can email trackgiff@yahoo.com).

Finally - let's go Stanford & beat those Ducks!

2 comments:

  1. yay for the shout out to little Jack :) look forward to the family blog!!!

    ReplyDelete