Monday, April 27, 2009

Quick post

Sorry Mom that I haven't had anything interesting to post this past week, or any time to post it. But I'll fire off as much as I can write in 10 minutes.

I got called to jury duty last week. I was assigned to the jury pool for a pretty bad criminal case, and have jury selection today. I think it would be really cool to serve on a jury sometime, but not for the 4 weeks they're talking about! That's a lot of work to miss.

Friday night I saw one of the worst A's games I've been to in a while. Their rookie pitcher absolutely got shelled, and the offense couldn't get going. They finally got going again and beat the Rays both Saturday and Sunday (of course - the games I DIDN'T go to).

Dana & I were going to try to fly on Saturday. I haven't been since I flew to Redding in March. But there was a 17 knot wind at an 80 degree angle to the runway... conditions my instructor won't even fly in. So that got scrubbed.

So on to Carmel Saturday afternoon for a couple of events. I was entered in the Big Sur 5K, which runs the same day as the Big Sur Marathon. Ironically the 5K doesn't go anywhere near Big Sur (the marathon starts there and finishes in Carmel).. the 5k starts and finishes in Carmel. On Saturday we saw Julia Stamps Mallon (my college friend and teammate). On Sunday she ran 3:04 in the marathon just 3 1/2 months after having a baby! It's mindboggling how talented she is. My 5k went better than last week - I was 15th in 16:25 on a hilly course. But I know I'm good for a much faster time still.

Sunday afternoon we went to a college friend, Mike "T-bone" O'neil's, wedding. It was a beautiful spot in Carmel Valley & I had a great time catching up with college friends. I'm getting excited for my big day. The drive home last night was tough. I'm tired today!

ok... back to the courtroom... not bad for 10 minutes! (sorry for any typos as i don't have time to proof)

No comments:

Post a Comment